Purple Cupcake -->

~A story about a girl's insatiable obsession with purple, cupcakes, and everything else in between! However, most recently, Nyjah.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

It arrived, it arrived! Yummy!!!!!


A while ago, I posted about a candyswap that I participated in. Well, my package of sweet goodness arrived today all the way from New Mexico! Karen was my secret swap partner and she sent me candy from Hawaii because although she lives in New Mexico, she was born and raised in Hawaii.
My favorite pieces were the "Candy Champagne Glasses" that are Cherry and Apple flavored. I love 'em because they don't sell these on Guam. How cool! I opened the Apple glass and my kids and I drank Gatorade from it for many hours until DanBoy took a huge bite out of it :o) Danielle said "Wow, Mommy, it's like we're in the Willy Wonka movie in his factory!" I was thinking the same thing...As I type this, our stomachs are enjoying all the sugary goodness.
I can't wait for the next swap!
As for the chocolate-dipped ika (dried squid), it was quite interesting...I mean, I LOVE ika and I LOVE chocolate but the combination was something I can't really explain in words. It's probably a combination that would be an aquired taste for most people. I enjoyed it none the less.

3 comments:

Blogger *karen said...

Yay! I'm glad it got there. I didn't run into any problems with the shipping either. :o)

1:47 PM  
Blogger woof nanny said...

That edible glass is about the coolest thing I've ever seen! Speaking of sugar sprinkles, have you seen the ones by India Tree? They're colored with natural things like beets, tumeric, etc. I love that.

5:02 PM  
Blogger purplecupcake said...

-Karen, thanks for the sweeties! I loved them!

-Barb, the edible glass rocks! It's funny you mentioned India Tree sprinkles because I have seen them and just recently went online to see if I could order them because they don't sell them on Guam. I love all kinds of edible decorations! Especially seasonal shaped ones like bunnies or bats :o)

4:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home