Purple Cupcake -->

~A story about a girl's insatiable obsession with purple, cupcakes, and everything else in between! However, most recently, Nyjah.

Thursday, April 27, 2006

A special lotion bar for a special someone!

As some of you may know, I make bath and beauty products. I make them when I have the time to make them (kids sleeping, kids at school) or when I have the supplies to make them. I can only get the supplies online and sometimes it's really a pain to keep up with what I have left versus how much I have to make what I need.
I make lotion bars, which is basically solidified lotion. The warmth of your skin will gently melt the lotion bar and allow the oils to penetrate into your skin. It may feel a bit oily at first, but within a few minutes, the oils absorb into your skin and you'll feel soft and supple all day long. There is a good write up about lotion bars here and it's basically the same ingredients I use.
What I love about lotion bars is that you can carry it in your purse and not worry about it accidentally spilling in there. Usually when I make them, I give it as gifts or use them myself. Lately, I've had many requests to sell them at the local market and a horticulture garden wants citrus-scented lotion bars to sell at their site. Though it may seem enticing, I wonder if I'd ever be able to fulfill the supply and demand aspect of it. Remember, my life revolves around my family first! Also, a deep dark secret of mine, is that I'm a REALLY bad procrastinator. To the point that sometimes it ashames me.
Well, I made a bunch of lotion bars and I promised to give one as a trade to Joleen, who designed this site for me. She likes citrus scents so I made 'Tangerine Dreams' which has the "aroma of juicy, freshly squeezed tangerines with base notes of vanilla & fresh greenery." It's the same one that my kids used during their trip to the dentist a while ago. I got rave reviews about that one, which I blogged about a few weeks ago.


I use natural ingredients that are good for your skin. Shea butter "is a superb moisturizer, gentle enough for use on babies and sensitive skin and has exceptional healing properties." Sweet Almond Oil is used "to help to give it unequalled penetrating and restructuring properties." Candellila Wax is a "unique vegetable wax helps provide gloss and lubricity ("slip") to lip balms and lotion bars." I also use FD&C Fragrance and Colorants.


Here are all the ingredients melted, mixed together and ready to be pour into push-up lotion tubes. I love these tubes, they're too cute for words.

These are all ready to be labeled and shrink wrapped. The one already labeled belongs to Joleen. I will ship it out for her today. I hope she enjoys it!

15 comments:

Blogger *karen said...

That stuff looks so yummy, even though I know it's not edible. I was actually going to ask you if you would mind doing a trade for some of your soaps. I understand if you're busy/don't have the supplies, though. It might be something fun to do down the line...

11:35 AM  
Blogger purplecupcake said...

Sure, I actually made 9 lotion bars. I could do a trade with you. No problem at all! It'll be so fun!

2:36 PM  
Blogger purplecupcake said...

Oops, I think I misunderstood you...Did you want a lotion bar? As far as soaps go, I could do that too. I have enough to make some soaps..Let me know what you fancy. What color, scent and soap mold you would like, I just might have it. My soap mold collection is ever growing!
I have some heart shaped soaps left if you would like one! Email me.

3:38 PM  
Blogger Shionge said...

Hey! How lucky to get them from you - looks really nice.

5:49 PM  
Blogger Heather/SHTEZQ said...

Those look awsome. I think I want one. That girl will love them. thanks for stopping by my blog.

8:59 AM  
Blogger Tracie P. said...

do they come in a cupcake scent? i've never heard of lotion bars--i might have to get me wunna them :)

9:50 AM  
Blogger Jillio said...

wow, that's so cool! smells yummy, too. :)
lotion bars? i have never heard of that, though how well does it do in heat? it's rather hot in hawaii, and i'm always afraid of stuff like that melting in my bag.

2:51 PM  
Blogger purplecupcake said...

I have a delicious cupcake/cake scent that is to die for! I would warn you not to eat it...Email me at azian_kreazian@yahoo.com if you'd like to buy or trade for one!

7:32 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

so weird how no one has heard of lotion bars. i get 'em all the time at lush (fave. shop).. i think you'll soon be my fave shop! heee. :) i CANNOT wait to get that beauty!! yum yum. thank you so much! :)

10:17 PM  
Blogger purplecupcake said...

You're welcome! And I'd be happy to be your boutique of choice..hehehehe

11:02 PM  
Blogger soapy said...

Lots of yummy oils. I Love those push up tubes for them ! They last forever!

5:48 AM  
Blogger purplegirl said...

lotion bars? what an amazing idea! i hate toting them lotion bottles around only to find my 4-year old has spilled the lotion all over the place! i need, want, love to try some!

9:03 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

thank you, thank you!! i love it SO much!! how much do you sell them for so i can say on my blog? :)

4:35 PM  
Blogger purplecupcake said...

purplegirl-I hate carrying traditional lotion containers too, it can be too bulky. I've never had any problems with my bar, it lasts a long time!

joleen-I'm truly glad you enjoy it! I'm just a blog post away if you ever need another one :o)
I sell them for $6.00 + $4.00 for s/h (flat rate).

9:56 PM  
Blogger Karen Baking Soda said...

Hi, just to say thank you for commenting on my blog, and hooked right away. Really this looks amazingly good! Too bad you probably don't read dutch ;-) I did a post about a night when I was very tired and mistakenly grabbed a tube of bathing gel instead of bodylotion...only to discover it after I slathered the stuff on, lavishly.....
So Yes! Lotion bars seem the solution for me.

12:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home