Purple Cupcake -->

~A story about a girl's insatiable obsession with purple, cupcakes, and everything else in between! However, most recently, Nyjah.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Purple Cupcake's Evil Days!

I was inspired by Jairam to post an interesting meme. As she stated, "I'm mustering enough guts to put my "Wild Side" list (in my distant past) in print for all to see. Warning: you will not like what you'll find out here!"

So, I will do the same and I challenge you to do the same...

~I was a SPOILED brat as a child. Being the youngest of only 2 girls, you can imagine what I got away with. My sister hates me!
~I went to a private all-girl Catholic high school. I used to bring vodka in a thermos to school everyday and share it with my friends.
~I smoked in high school because my friends smoked, but I NEVER inhaled! I hung around with the 'wrong' crowd.
~I've tried all sorts of illegal drugs there is except heroine and ecstacy. (Edited to add: during a week long vacation off island, just so some of you don't think there's some sort of drug epidemic here as some might assume.)
~I crashed my brand spankin' new truck when I was 16 years old. The truck was only 1 week old and I was speeding. My father had it fixed in less than a week and I was back to driving it. NO punishment! (Refer to first item)
~I have tattoos. My eyebrows and one on my leg.
~My friends and I got caught skipping school. Therefore, having the graduation class trip cancelled. The whole class hated us.
~I was suspended for fighting at my all-girl Catholic high school and had to be transfered to the only other private all-girl Catholic high school there was...ugh!

At present:
~I am a faithful wife and a loving mother of 4 beautiful children. I am proud to say that I am a non-smoker (of any kind of smoke) and I haven't touched alcohol since high school! It never really caught on with me. I still have my tattoos and I haven't been responsible for any car accidents since...so? Am I evil now?

10 comments:

Blogger ajay said...

You shouldn't be ashamed about your past. Dealing with it shows a tremendous amount of maturity. What's important is the person you are today and the fact that you have your wonderful family to live for & who loves you in return:) bloghoppin' - ajay

6:16 AM  
Blogger j said...

yes, I agree with pal ajay. :) what we are today is a product of what we have done in the past. what's important is that we learned from our mistakes in the past to become a better person, aiiyt?

6:38 AM  
Blogger Shionge said...

Totally agreed - you gain Wisdom and grew Wiser as a result of your 'experiences'. Things happened for a reason and through all these, you become a better Mom to you kids.

There is a Chinese sayings from the older generation to the youngsters that 'they have eaten more salt then they have eaten rice' so there you go Purple Cupcake.

You Rock Gal :P

7:14 AM  
Blogger Suzanne R said...

I have heard that people who rebel as teenagers actually adjust better as adults. You would seem to prove that. :-) Being a happy, loving wife and mother is a tremendous accomplishment -- you are a wonderful person!

3:39 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

hey, you were almost as bad as me!

7:03 PM  
Blogger Keshi said...

daring chick ha!


**I've tried all sorts of illegal drugs there is except heroine and ecstacy.

r u for real? :)

Keshi.

7:19 PM  
Blogger Mika said...

We all have a past don't we? I mean, it's nothing to be ashamed of especially because of where you are now. I think that everyone has done something that in their mind was just plain evil, I know I have. ;)

8:10 PM  
Blogger purplecupcake said...

Thanks for the show of support girls...I really wasn't sure if a post like this is something I would want to share. However, you've made me feel that it's okay to be honest. I always felt that I was a bad girl because my mother was super strict with me. She's really mean, not a mother who I can say is my best friend or a nurturing mother. So any chance I got to be free, I took advantage of it. However, smoking and drinking never stuck with me because deep down I knew it wasn't me. I didn't like it at all.
Keshi-I hung around a bad bunch of people and those things were available and so I tried them just so I wouldn't feel left out. Again, something that I didn't enjoy doing.
Jairam/Shionge-thanks for your kind words.
Suzanne/Aimee-because of you girls, I will leave the post up.
Sara-I'd love to hear what you've done in your past.

8:38 PM  
Blogger Keshi said...

well Im glad ur being so honest...thats a rare in this world!

Hugggggggz cupcake!
Keshi.

8:57 PM  
Blogger purplecupcake said...

Keshi-thanks! I'd love to hear your 'skeletons in the closet'.

2:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home